How to Assign a Role
Use this procedure to assign a role to a user account that will access the administrative portion of PowerSchool.
- On the start page, search for and select a staff member.
- On the Staff page, click Security Settings from the staff pages menu. The Security Settings page appears.
- Click the Admin Access and Roles tab.
- On the Roles and Schools row, click Add. The Add User Access Roles pop-up menu appears.
Note: If the Add button does not appear, all roles have been assigned.
- Select the school from the list. To select multiple schools, press and hold COMMAND (Mac) or CONTROL (Windows) as you click each school.
Note: To limit the user account to only external system access, select External Systems, and select any roles that apply. Roles assigned to External Systems do not grant access to any PowerSchool school or district regardless of the PowerSchool Security Group.
- Select the Role from the pop-up menu.
Note: If no role is selected, the user’s Default Group designates the access for the administrative portion of PowerSchool for that school. If a role is selected, the associated Security Group overrides the Default Group for the user account while signed in to that school.
- Click OK. The schools you selected will no longer be available for selection of the Add User Access Roles pop-up menu.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 7 for each role you want to add.
Note: Once all roles have been assigned, the Add button appears shaded.
- Click Submit. A confirmation message appears and the role assignments displays on the page.